Every customer is unique. It’s Engage Hub’s mission to make sure businesses across the world, treat their customers as individuals. Engage Hub’s cross-channel customer engagement platform enables organisations to harness insight previously hidden in data stored across disparate legacy systems, empowering the world’s leading companies to deliver innovative, digital experiences for their customers.
With over 30 years in the business, headquartered in London with offices throughout Europe, Asia and The Americas, Engage Hub’s technology is used by some of the world’s most successful enterprises, including, Sainsbury’s, Singtel, MBNA, and Telefonica to communicate effectively with customers.
Currently we are recruiting a Linux System Administrator to support our Unix/Linux based server networks, and our office IT infrastructure. The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the technology team to securely administer the Company’s computing systems and networks and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organisational values and policies.This role is based in our North London office and reports to the IT & Security Manager.
- Configuration, installation and maintenance of network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, VPN servers;
- Configuration, installation and maintenance of a variety of test and production servers such as web servers, databases, mail servers. We have hundreds of servers distributed across multiple international locations; the operating systems used are OpenBSD (on firewalls) and Linux CentOS (on everything else);
- Build, design, deploy, maintain and lead the implementation of Cloud solutions across multiple public and private cloud offerings;
- Creating and documenting the systems configuration and operations;
- To provide general technical assistance as required in the software and hardware diagnostics across the platforms (PC, Macintosh and Unix equipment) in the company. This includes direct involvement in all aspects of installation, upgrades and maintenance.
- Significant experience in managing Unix systems (Linux and OpenBSD);
- A strong background in installing, configuring and using free software/open source packages such as Subversion, Postfix, Apache and similar ones;
- Demonstrable experience designing secure deployment strategies for cloud/virtualization and implementation best practices;
- Proven experience with firewall and networking technologies;
- Significant experience in using and programming Unix shells;
- Meticulous in configuring and documenting systems to the highest standard;
- Willingness to run the IT in a free software/open source environment;
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities;
- The ability to work independently as well as part of team;
- Excellent organisation skills e.g. ability to prioritise and multi-task and complete the project within defined timescales;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Willingness to learn and develop personal skills;
- A can-do proactive approach to work and a willingness to help others use IT effectively.
What’s in it for you?
We don’t just develop leading customer experience technology, we develop our employees’ skill sets too. We understand that your professional development directly impacts our company’s growth. In exchange for your contribution, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Generous holiday allowance
- A competitive salary
- Regular company / team socials
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere – and business-casual dress code
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Private pension
- Private healthcare covering things like half price gym membership, free eye tests and huge discounts on food and fitness products and much more.
Know a suitable candidate?
Call: 020 7183 3860