Currently we are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to take charge of the Accounts Payable, Billing and Credit Control activities and to work closely with the Finance Manager in other aspects of Finance.
The position is based in our North London office and reports directly to the Finance Manager.
Work at Engage Hub is fast-paced and you must be able to juggle multiple tasks and demonstrate that you can own issues through to closure although you will be fully supported both by the Finance Manager and other members of the wider teams.
Teams at Engage Hub are dedicated and enthusiastic about our product, our clients and the mobile communications industry. We work hard to maintain our service-oriented team culture and the right candidate for this role will be an enthusiastic, creative problem solver with a can-do attitude who is not afraid of hard work and thrives on delivering exceptional service.
This is a ground floor opportunity for an experienced AR, AP and Credit Control all-rounder looking for an opportunity to really make their mark during an exciting period of growth and change. Engage Hub has recently demerged from the former parent company and is now bringing all Finance functions back in-house.
Billing and AR
- Making sure the Company gets paid is critical and this role is at the forefront of delivering this objective. Key aspects to achieve this are:
- responsible for ensuring invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner printed and emailed to clients
- responsible for the accuracy of client information in the finance systems
- respond to and resolve billing questions escalated from Account Managers or directly from clients as well as all questions relating to taxes on invoicing
- prepare month end journals required for financial reporting, generate billing and revenue reports and manage deferred and accrued revenue reconciliations
- to be responsible for chasing outstanding debts and to contact clients who are delinquent or slow in bill payment and work with them to make payment arrangements
- to prepare adhoc client statement requests
- to enter and match all funds received from clients to the Ledger
- working with Account Managers obtain sufficient information to assess the creditworthiness of new and existing clients and continually monitor
- investigate and resolve client queries, process adjustments and reconcile client accounts.
- to be responsible for the overall maintenance of Accounts Receivable ledgers to ensure that the debt status of all clients is up to date and accurate.Accounts Payable
- receive invoices, review for correctness and VAT treatment, obtain authorisations, code and process for payment
- reconcile Supplier statements, research and correct discrepancies and deal with supplier account queries and resolve promptly
- monitor ledgers to ensure payments are up to date, perform payment runs (domestic and international BACs, CHAPS, etc.) and send out remittance advices.
- resolve significant issues (e.g. final demand letters) promptly
- review all staff expenses and check and ensure VAT is correctly treated
- assist in month end closing and prepare monthly payables reports
- Set up and maintain the Accounts Payable ledger, maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- Data entry, which includes entering Accounts payable and Receivable invoices into Xero
- Perform general office duties, such as, maintaining records management database systems
- Bank Reconciliation
- Supplier and Client Payments
- Dealing with Supplier and Client queries
As the Finance function continues to be brought back entirely in-house this will create challenges as we transition to new systems, processes and ways of working. Although a challenge this is also a great opportunity to shape the role and bring fresh ideas.
Critical Knowledge & Experience
Seen as essential for this role is an extensive knowledge of Accounts Payable, Billing and Accounts Receivable together with a good level of general education.
A background in or having dealt with Telecoms organisations would be advantageous but of more importance is an extensive knowledge of AR & AP and a general understanding of other Finance processes. Xero knowledge would be an advantage.
- computer literate with excellent proficiency in MS Excel and Financial Accounting packages.
- possess excellent accounts background and experience
- great interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communications skills
- attention to detail and high level of accuracy with good analytical and problem solving skills
- be flexible, process good time management skills and be a self-starter
- the ability to work as part of a small flexible team
- the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Nice to have
- an understanding of other Finance functions
- willingness to help across the Finance function as required to balance work flows and cover during holidays